Thursday, November 4, 2010

The Walking Dead Review


I just finished watching the first episode of The Walking Dead. It’s pretty cool. After reading the graphic novel, it was not really what I expected, but it still wasn’t that bad. There might be some content in this article that could be considered spoilers, so if you haven’t seen it yet… Well, I didn’t exactly say anything about the scenes anyway so just keep on reading on.

The show is pretty detailed, and keeps the psychological analysis of living with zombies. That’s the reason why I was drawn into this graphic novel. They misplaced some of the stuff a bit and they added something to the story which is kind of a spoiler so I’d rather not mention it.

I dislike some of the characters though. Sure, they were based from the comic, but in the show their personalities are a bit too extreme. In the comic, they seem like just normal people. They weren’t good nor bad. They were just lucky to survive.

A major part of the series for me was when they started to change. Not on the physical aspect, but emotionally. With their attitudes, they might as well be fed to zombies. Not like in the comics where you’d wonder if anybody would die, and not hope if someone did. Here you really beg to see them die. Nice job ruining the characters Frank Darabont!



The zombie effects though are great. I love how horrendous some of them look. They don’t look like the usual zombies we’ve seen in recent zombie films. I find them a lot scarier as they could really be people you know who turned into zombies. The effects are outstanding, and really look decomposed. Two thumbs up for the great graphics.

On the whole, I’d say the series will go a long way. I just hope they don’t deviate from the comics that much, else I might end up liking the graphic novel better.

Source: Everything Zombie 101

No comments:

Post a Comment