Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Game Review: Starcraft II: Wings of Liberty


It’s been twelve long years in the making, and finally, the sequel of my most favourite game, Starcraft 2, has been released. This was my addiction during my younger years. I’d spend my free time playing with friends and playing even more when I got home. I’m pretty good with Zerg. For those who are not familiar with the game, the Zerg is a race of insectoids that are on a mission of assimilating other races in pursuit of genetic perfection. It’s a pretty scary game when you’re on the receiving end of a massive Zerg attack.

I’ve only been playing Starcraft 2 a couple of hours now, and I really love it. This is only the first chapter in the saga of Starcraft 2 and I can’t wait for the next chapters to be released. But for now I’d like to share my first few impressions with this game. So keep on reading for my foremost review of Starcraft 2 so far.


My initial take on this legendary game
I played the first five missions in the campaign and I like what I see. The first couple of missions were your typical ‘learn how to use the interface’ missions, involving marines and the familiar Terran hero, Jim Raynor. The graphics are solid. Good thing my desktop handled it pretty well as the game ran well with no slowdowns. But I’m still thinking of buying a new video card so I can enjoy the experience better.



The difficulty level goes from Easy, Normal, Hard and Insane. Normal was really easy and Hard was way too hard, so I found myself stuck at the fifth mission. I’m most likely going to have to re-do that mission starting on Normal since I just can’t beat the last part of the mission. The interface is much too different with the original game. Between missions, you can talk to people, interact with your immediate environment, inspect objects and more. You can also select different missions so that the story wouldn’t progress linearly.

I only wish I have more time to play but I have a lot of work to do. So for Starcraft fans that haven’t played yet the sequel to the most awesome game ever, do yourselves a favour and grab a copy now of Starcraft 2 and you will realize that our long wait was all worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment